Organised by Peter Robinson & the Joshua/ Crooked Brook Bushfire Brigade cadets
ENTRY IS FREE—CALL JILL CROSS TO REGISTER ON 0418 281 201
Big dog and Small dog 1st in each category $200, 2nd in each category $50, small bag of dog pellets for all entrants.
Rules & Regulations (Revised) for Dog High Jump
- 1 All entries must be in by 4.00pm on Festival day, October 9, 2021.
- The dog must be registered with a Local Government. (Sight the tag)
- There will be two categories; below 40cm at shoulder and Open.
- Dog high jump stewards will measure dogs at the wither (between their front shoulder blades) to determine
- If in the opinion of the Steward mishandling or mistreating of the dog immediate disqualification will incur.
- If in the opinion of the Steward any dog represents a danger to other dogs or people it will be disqualified.
- This competition is a test of the dog’s jumping ability.
- The competition is open to all dogs other than females on heat.
- Only one dog may be loose in the competition area at any one time.
- All dogs not jumping must be on a lead, with a handler in the marshalling area away from the jump run area.
- Run up area and landing area is to be flat with a platform land.
- The dog is to jump over the wall; however, the dog can touch any part of the jump to get over the wall.
- The dogs can be encouraged over the jump by a handler vocally or visually.
- A second handler may be used to catch the dog on the other side of the jump.
- All dogs to jump at each height. First jump height 1m.
- Each dog is allowed three jump attempts at each height if necessary until only one dog remains to provide a winner.
- If more than one dog has jumped the final height, a countback on refusals is to be done to find a winner. If all are equal the prize is shared, with each dog declared winners.
Dogs competing in the Dog High Jump at 5.00pm will only be allowed on the Festival site from 4.30pm and must be on a lead at all times except when competing. This doesn’t apply to the K9 Dog Agility